Frequently Asked Questions
HackDentistry is an online resource and platform that aims to make learning dentistry fun,engaging and light hearted. Apart from routine classes to attend and huge textbooks to read, we believe students need quality online dental resources to complement their learning and help them revise and practice efficiently.
Our goals are twofold – 1) to complement conventional learning and 2) to make this process enjoyable.
HackDentistry tries to accomplish the former by offering
- animation videos,
- revision notes and
- quiz questions in a multiple choice format
Complex concepts and facts that are difficult to comprehend and retain are made simple, enjoyable and light-hearted by the animation videos. Notes and quiz questions are for quick revisions and exam preparation.
How better can studying get, if you could do it with your friends, right? And that’s precisely our second goal! We intend to accomplish this by providing a platform for students to interact and learn. HackDentistry allows students to:
- Create profiles
- Add friends
- Create public or private groups
- Create forums and
- Crowd-source quiz questions and notes
Crowd-sourcing content allows students to create their own practice questions and notes and post it on the platform.By doing so, students apart from getting access to curated content from the HackDentistry team, would also have access to numerous quiz questions and notes created by students alike.
- Once in the website, you need to sign up to access content or participate in the community.
- Find the “Log in” option in the menu on the left or click on the “Arrow” on the top right corner of the home page….
and “Sign-up” with your Email address
- Activate your account by clicking the “activation link” which is sent to your E-mail address. Remember to check your spam folder if the email hasn’t come through after a few minutes.
- Alternatively, you could log in with your “Google” or “Facebook” account.
- After activating your account, log in to the website.
- Once you are logged in, you have access to all community features such as adding friends, creating groups and forums. However you need to be a member to access course content (videos, notes and quiz).
- To become a member, click on “Get Membership” option from the menu on the left..
- and choose a subscription plan – “Free Membership” or “Premium Membership”
Apart from getting access to all Premium content (MCQs/Notes/Premium Videos) for 15 days, you would have access to free videos and community forever! You could also create MCQs/Notes, upload images and get access to other member created MCQs/Notes.
Premium membership costs ₹1949 per year or ₹499 per month. Premium members have access to premium content (MCQs/Notes/Premium Videos) in the website, apart from being able to access free videos, community and create quizzes & notes.
No, premium membership will not auto-renew. Users would have to re-subscribe for the membership manually.
Premium memberships once purchased cannot be cancelled.We do not refund or return any subscription/s that has been purchased, unless proved that the transaction was the result of a fraudulent purchase.
At present, revision notes and video transcripts cannot be downloaded. They have to be viewed through our website.
HackDentistry allows members to create “GROUPS” and “FORUMS”. However, members can create “FORUMS” only by creating “GROUPS”.
- Click your profile pic on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click “GROUP” à “CREATE GROUPS” in the menu that appears.
- You would be directed to the “CREATE GROUP” page where you would have to fill in details like “GROUP NAME” and “GROUP DESCRIPTION”. Once you have filled in these details move on to the next step.
- Select appropriate “PRIVACY OPTIONS” for your group. Choose if you would want your group to be “PUBLIC”, “PRIVATE” or “HIDDEN”. Once you have chosen appropriate options, move on to the next step.
- Choose if you would like your group to have a FORUM. If you would want one, click the check box “YES. I WANT THIS GROUP TO HAVE A FORUM” and move on to the next step. Remember, your forum would have the same privacy option your group has. If your group is “PUBLIC” your forum would also be “PUBLIC” and open to all members.
- Upload appropriate profile and cover images for your “GROUP”.
- Finally, before finishing, you could invite your friends (members on your friend list) to the group.
- Click “Finish” and tada!!!! Your GROUP is created!
HackDentistry allows members to create their own set of Quiz Questions (Multiple Choice Questions) and share them on the platform.
- Hover on the “Create Posts” option in the menu on the left and click “Create Quiz”.
- Once in the “Create Quiz” page, start off by choosing your quiz type as “MCQ Quiz” from the “Quiz Type” menu (Quizzes would not function properly if this option is not chosen!).
- Type the Title of your Quiz and choose which option (1,2 or 3) would be the CORRECT answer for your question from the “Correct Answer” menu.
- Type your question, add a description (optional) and type in the possible answers for your question. Additionally you could also upload images for your questions and possible answers.
- If you would want to add more possible answers, click “Add more answer”
- After typing the question and possible answers, you could give an explanation for the correct answer by clicking “Explain correct answer”
- Choose appropriate results. Remember each correct answer is scored “1” and a wrong answer is scored “0”. Let’s say you have 2 questions in your quiz. Your quiz could have scores of 0, 1 or 2. So, accordingly, choose an appropriate result for your quiz.
- Otherwise, choose “0 to 2”(maximum number of questions in your quiz, in this example) and give a generic description like “Thanks for taking the quiz”.
- Choose an appropriate category for your quiz from the “Category” menu and choose “Publish now” from the “Publication Status” menu and click “submit post” to make your quiz public. Alternatively you could choose to save your quiz as a “draft”. Only you would have access to your draft so that you could check if your quiz is playing out right and publish later.
- You also have some “Advanced options” where you could add “Tags” to your quiz and change the way your quiz would be displayed. Tags are important, as they help members find your quiz when they search the site. When members type keywords related to your tags your quiz will appear in their search results.
HackDentistry allows members to create their own set of Notes and share them on the platform.
- Hover on the “Create Posts” option in the menu on the left and click “Create Note”.
- Once in the “Create Note” page, start off by typing the “Title of the Post”.
- Type/feed in your Notes. Additionally you could add a URL(if any) directing members to posts related to your “Notes”, online.
- Choose an appropriate category for your Note from the “Category” menu and choose “Publish now” from the “Publication Status” menu and click “submit post” to make your quiz public. Alternatively you could choose to save your Note as a “draft”. Only you would have access to your draft so that you could check if your Note is fine and publish later.
- You also have some “Advanced options” where you could add “Tags” to your Notes and change the way your Notes would be displayed. Tags are important, as they help members find your quiz when they search the site. When members type keywords related to your tags your quiz will appear in their search results.
HackDentistry allows members to access quizzes and notes created by other members in the platform.
- Hover on the “Submitted Posts” option in the menu on the left and click “MCQ” or “NOTES” depending on what type of content you would like to get access to.
- Clicking on “MCQ” or “NOTES” would display all quizzes or notes respectively created by all members of the platform.
- Alternatively you could click on the search bar and type in keywords related to the topic you are searching.
- You could also go to the Profile page of a member to check out the quizzes and notes contributed by that member.
- Shoot us an email at email@example.com.
- You could either drop a message in the contact form in our Home page or inbox a private message to our Profile -“Hackdent Admin”. You could find us by searching for our profile in the “Members” page.
- We have a forum by name “HackDentistry – Troubleshooting”. You could start a topic in the forum and ask us your queries.