Unless restricted by applicable law, you agree that all your personal information collected by the Company through the HackDentistry platforms may be used and disclosed as set out in this Policy.
1. Information collected:
(a) When you register on the HackDentistry platform, we would require the following Personal Information from you:
- (ii)Email ID
- (iii)Date of Birth
- (iv)Mobile Number
- (vi)Address; City; State; Country; Postal Code (For promotional mailers)
(b) Information We Collect Automatically: We also may receive and store certain information about you and your computer automatically. Automatically collected information may include:
- (i) The type of web browser and operating system you have used to access the HackDentistry platform;
- (ii) Your IP address (which is a number automatically assigned to your computer when you access the internet and
can be used to derive your general geographic location);
- (iii) The domain name of your internet service provider;
- (iv) The website you visited before you came to the HackDentistry platform; and
- (v) Information about the content you view and the features you access on the HackDentistry platform that we collect using cookies, and similar technologies.
A cookie is a small amount of data that the Company’s web server sends to your web browser when you visit certain parts of the HackDentistry platform.
2. Usage of Information:
(a) We gather this Personal Information and the automatically collected Information to allow us to process your registration. The relevant information is then used by the Company to
- (i) to provide and improve the HackDentistry platform and services provided through it;
- (ii)to administer your use of the HackDentistry platform and the services provided through it;
- (iii)to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate the HackDentistry platform;
- (iv)to better understand your needs and interests;
- (v)to fulfill requests you may make;
- (vi)to personalize your experience;
- (vii)to provide or offer software updates and product announcements;
- (viii)to provide you with further information and offers from us or third parties that we believe you may find useful or interesting, including newsletters,
marketing or promotional materials and other information on services and products offered by us or third parties. If you decide at any time that you no
longer wish to receive any such communications, please follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in any of the communications sent to you, or update your account settings information;
- (ix)to meet our legal obligations; and
- (x)For any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect the information, or otherwise with your consent.
(b) By providing your personal information to the Company, you request and allow the Company to contact you by telephone, facsimile and e-mail, and to advise you of the available products and services which may be of interest to you.
(c) The Company may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring the HackDentistry platform usage in order to help us develop the HackDentistry platform and our services and may provide such aggregate information to third parties on an aggregate basis. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual customer / member. It is important to note that no Personal Information is made available to or shared with third parties as part of this process.
(d) The Company may organize contests and surveys and the information collected during these events may be used by the Company to improve your overall customer experience. The information will only be shared with third parties on an aggregate basis. It is important to note that no Personal Information is made available to or shared with third parties as part of this process.
(e) Personal data collected by the HackDentistry platform may be transferred to other platforms / sites of the Company where it is necessary to meet the purpose for which you have submitted the information.
(f) We may, from time to time, share certain information with certain third parties, as set forth below in the section titled “Sharing of Information.” However, it is important to note that no Personal Information is made available to or shared with third parties as part of this process.
(g) The Company understands the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. The HackDentistry platform is not intentionally designed for or directed at children eighteen (18) years of age or younger. It is our policy never to knowingly collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of eighteen (18).
(h) The Company may monitor and in good faith as and when required, disclose information to protect the security, property, assets and/or rights of the HackDentistry platform from unauthorized use or misuse of the HackDentistry platform.
(i) Except as provided for herein, you are solely responsible for, and the Company is not liable for, the personal information and other materials that you submit and otherwise make available on the HackDentistry platform, including areas of the HackDentistry platform that are available to the public. We have no control over and cannot protect personal information that you disclose in public areas of the HackDentistry platform. If you disclose your personal information in public areas, it may be collected and used by third parties, without our or your knowledge. You should also understand that by displaying your information on any of the HackDentistry platform/s and the internet, you are relinquishing certain traditional privacy rights, wherein anyone with access to the internet has the potential ability to view your information. If you do not wish to relinquish these traditional privacy rights, do not share your information.
3. Payment Related Information:
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information is transmitted directly through secure technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers’ database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
4. Your Choices:
(a) You can visit the HackDentistry platform without providing any Personal Information. If you choose not to provide any Personal Information, you may not be able to use all of the services on the HackDentistry platform;
(c) Any newsletters, marketing or promotional e-mails about the Hackdentistry platform or any third party services sent to you that may be of interest you, shall contain “unsubscribe” instructions permitting you to “unsubscribe” from receiving future marketing or other communications. You are free to update your account settings information.
5. Third-Party Functionality and Links to Third-Party Sites:
6. Protection of your Information:
The use of your personal information as provided in this Policy will be kept to the minimum and will only be retained for as long as it is necessary, and as long as you are registered with the Company and the HackDentistry platform. You may access your personal information through your account or by making a request for the same in writing to the Company. Subject to the terms provided herein, we will not reveal any personal information unless we have your permission or for the purpose of providing the services requested for or are under a legal obligation to do so. The Company may disclose information about its users to law enforcement officers or others, in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- (i) respond to subpoenas, court orders, judicial proceedings, or other legal processes;
- (iii) respond to claims that any content on the HackDentistry platform, any photo, text, or other material violates the rights of third parties; or
- (iv) Protect the rights, property or personal safety of the Company, its users, or the general public.The Company takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, loss, misuse, disclosure or destruction of any data provided by you. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. We use third parties to verify and certify our privacy principles. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error-free. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Information or other information to the Company via e-mail or the Internet.
7. Specific Rights to EU Citizens and Residents:
Residents in the European Union may have rights over their Personal Information, subject to restrictions in privacy laws, such as a right of access, rectification, restriction, opposition, erasure and portability. If you wish to exercise those rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can always access your account information on the HackDentistry platform and change it. If at anytime you wish to terminate your account,you are to contact us at email@example.com, in which case your Personal Information will be deleted from our records, within a reasonable period of time. You may also have a right to lodge a complaint with dedicated privacy authorities in your country. We store your Personal Information for only as long as necessary to perform our agreement with you and to meet our legitimate interests and legal obligations.
This Policy shall be construed in accordance with the applicable laws of India. The Courts at Chennai shall have exclusive jurisdiction in any proceedings arising out of this Policy without regard to the conflict of laws principles. The Company shall be entitled to specifically enforce its rights and obligation under this Policy and shall be entitled to do everything necessary for carrying out the true intent and purpose of this Policy.
9. Other Terms and Conditions:
10. Changes to the Policy:
The Company reserves the right to revise this Policy at any time and will place any such amendments on the HackDentistry platform so that you will always know what information is gathered, how the same is used and the disclosure of the same to third parties. This statement was last updated on May 25, 2018. Continued usage of the HackDentistry platform/s and the services provided on the HackDentistry platform would signify that you have agreed to any such changes.
11. Your Consent To This Policy:
By submitting your information, you consent to the use of that information as set out in this Policy. We welcome your views on the HackDentistry platform and the Policy. If you have questions or comments about our administration of your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also use this address to communicate any concerns you may have regarding compliance with this Policy.
12. Contact Us:
To keep your Personal Information accurate, current and complete, please contact us at email@example.com. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct Personal Information in our possession that you have previously submitted through the HackDentistry platform.